[NSRCA-dist8] Classic

Patrick Harris harris7148 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 14:48:04 AKST 2014

You may get this email twice. I sent it to the D8 list as well as several
other folks that may not be on the D8 list. The original message was not
delivered to the D8 list as it had too many people listed to send it to and
needs moderator approval....which never comes so I am re sending it to the
D8 list. Here it is.

Just a quick update. I have had a few question from a couple of CD's in
regards to Classic pattern this year. The bottom line is we do this is to
have fun and we don't want to load this up with a bunch of rules.

Long story short, here are the only criteria. Keep in mind we will likely
tweak this as we go:

No year restrictions

60 class planes or smaller

6 cell maximum for electrics

That's it. We will fly two schedules this year which are Novice and
Advanced which can be found here;

http://www.classicpatternassociation.com/uploads/CPA_call_card.pdf

At some of our contest we will fly classic Saturday and Sunday in the
mornings due to sun issues (Woodburn, Redmond). At fields like Molalla that
we can fly turnaround by 8:00, we will fly classic on Saturday after
turnaround and it's the discretion of the CD to fly classic on Sunday. My
guess is for those fields we will fly classic on Saturday only to get guys
on the road Sunday.

Also, Gordon has been at it again with a great new feature on the D8 site.
No longer will you have to search in vane for upcoming events to
preregister on the NSRCA calendar. All you will need to do is click on the
2014 schedule on the D8 site and you will find an info link and a link to
the calendar for preregistration. By the way, it is a great help to the
CD"s and Gordon to preregister to all contest you plan to attend. Again, my
thanks to Gordon. Without him, we wouldn't be where we are.

If you have questions or concerns, email or give me a call.

503-454-0381

Pat