[NSRCA-dist8] Judging question

alan wellentin a_wellentin at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 19 19:51:18 AKDT 2012

"The half square finishes when the horizontal line equals 1/2 the vertical line"

With the above statement being true, most should be limiting the height of their 1/2 square loops.  I've seen, judged and flown some very tall 1/2 squares, if that top horizontal line is judged for half of the height of the vertical, there are times that the 2 point deduction for "no entry line" will be showing up a bit more often.

Mikes quote "I crossed center circled around to the right" I would think that both the turnaround and the center would be zeroed.  The way I interpret his description, he crossed center did a 180 degree turn, crossed center again in the opposite direction, did another 180 degree turn, rolled to the proper orientation and then flew to the other side of the box.  Did the center even happen?  Even if it did, crossing center and then turning back would be enough to zero the center maneuver.  Did I interpret it wrong?

My .02 cents.
Alan