[NSRCA-dist8] Judging question

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 19 18:49:40 AKDT 2012

I guess I'm late with this, club picnic today.

The half square finishes when the horizontal line equals 1/2 the vertical
line. This is where I would stop judging the half square and only downgrade
the line if it was improper. The issue in question is where do you consider
you finished the half square, after the radius or after the top line.

"After I finish the 1/2 square I got totally disorientated"

If the separation line is out of shape I believe the downgrade belongs to
the next maneuver (square loop from the top).
I would not downgrade any flying around necessary to get back into the
proper entry for the next turnaround, as this would be double jeopardy after
zeroing the square loop.

I didn't know for sure which maneuver, previous or pending, should get a
separation line downgrade if needed. I couldn't find my test score sheets to
see what if anything may be different but here's what I found in the rules,
(Page 14).

When no line is flown between two (2) scored maneuvers, the upcoming
maneuver should be downgraded by two (2) points. If no defined line is flown
at the exit of a maneuver and it is the last maneuver flown prior to
landing, then a two (2) point deduction should be given to the maneuver just
completed.

I assume the intent is straight and level flight, wings level parallel to
the flight line. Depth correction here is a no-no but may be the lesser of
evils and necessary to salvage the upcoming maneuver.

Once again a long answer to a simple question, or should I say nothing is as
simple as it seams.
Jim