[NSRCA-discussion] Judge Rank, 2009 Masters Final

John Gayer jgghome at comcast.net
Sat Sep 18 12:28:36 AKDT 2010

  Matt,

What are you using for an algorithm  to get these numbers? Based on the
fact that they are all below 1000, I assume that a judge who is 10%
higher than the average gets the same score as one who is 10% low. I
suggest that adding a plus or minus to the judge score would identify
which side of the curve a particular judge is on. Also, does a 900 imply
that the judge has a 10% deviation from the norm? Thus if the average
score is 8.0, then a judge with a 900 is giving a score of 7.2 or 8.8?
That would indicate a 750 judge is giving sixes when the rest of the
world is giving eights.

John