[NSRCA-discussion] Cleaning out the shop

Dave DaveL322 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 24 15:03:25 AKDT 2010

I would agree that a properly running YS170 is still competitive...but with
the "cost" of more fiddling, more maintenance, and less margin on the noise
meter.  For anyone starting from scratch..I think it is getting very hard to
make the argument that electric is more expensive.

The Neu F3A certainly is putting the most RPM to the prop of any of the
currently used electric setups, and the potential "cost" is that when
propped to make the big power...it also has the capability of smoking lipos
if the throttle hand is too heavy.  The newer higher KV Plett Evo might be
in this category as well, but I've not seen one run yet.

Regards,

Dave

  _____