[NSRCA-discussion] E motor choice

Ihncheol Park pnahobbies at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 12 23:00:54 AKST 2010

Chris,

Make sure to check the length of the motors.  Helio 63 was designed around
4020-14.  14 has been dropped, but the rest are still available.

Hyperion 4020s are 36.5mm length (not including 6.5mm boss at rear).

Hacker is longer.   12S is 2.37", 12L is 2.75"  If the motor box is already
built & attached to the fuse, he will have to cut it to use longer motor.

Scorpion 4020 series should work good because of the short length.  Tommy S
used one on Helio 63.  It is 1500W max motor.

Dualsky 4240 or 4250 may work also.  No sizing data available from 2dogrc or
dualsky websites.

I haven't had a chance to look at the actual Helio kit even if I am a
Hyperion dealer, but some of Hyperion planes come with motor box already
attached to fuse for faster finishing.

4020 series 500 ~ 900 watts motor  with burst up to 1100W.

If motor box is not a problem, any of the above motors will work.

Ihncheol