[NSRCA-discussion] Renew your NSRCA

Mark Hunt flyintexan at att.net
Wed Jan 13 03:56:23 AKST 2010

Yes, this is the "renew your membership or else" notice.  However, this medium is the best way for me (VP, dist. 6) to reach the greatest amount of members and potential new NSRCA members.

I write this note though with more of a thought of thanks and appreciation.  Thanks to those that have been members forever.  Without you we certainly wouldn't be here and despite the ups and downs (economy, personal schedules, changes to the NSRCA for better or worse) you simply renew every year.  Thanks to those who I know in recent years have given large sums of money to help both the NSRCA and the US F3A Team.  This is a handful (big handful) of people that have given without significant recognition but have seriously impacted the success of the NSRCA and the Team.  Thanks to those that run the local contests year after year and some cases, two times a year.  I am proud that in Dist. 6 (and likely in all other districts) all of the Contest Directors are members of the NSRCA.  The contribution of their time is a big one (just ask a CD:) and more importantly, having the contest/s on the schedule year after year makes is possible to attract new members in their area as well as publicly promote Precision Flying which really does improve the image of our sport.  Thanks to the board of the NSRCA who have finished the year well in the black.  This is a feat considering what a rough year it was economically as well as helping in the fund raising and direct NSRCA donation ($1000) to the US Team and the continued publication of a monthly K-Factor.  There have been great NSRCA board's in the past, but these guys (not me:) are one of the best.  And thanks to those who understand, who get it, and join.

Best Regards,
Mark, D6

cc: RCU