[NSRCA-discussion] unknowns

Koenig, Tom Tom.Koenig at actewagl.com.au
Wed Sep 23 14:15:18 AKDT 2009

Ron and all,

I LOVE your suggestion. At least then we may have a chance of obtaining the correct placings and/or the correct world champion?
Also-do not forget the cost savings to the organisation in that the airfares will be considerably cheaper by obtaining more 'local' judges. This is a big driver for the 'European' hosts....and why countries like Australia and NZ tend be disregarded if at all possible. We have issues in that Southern hemisphere countries always come from Winter climates where we have limited oppertunities to actually prepare/practice for a Northern (summer)world champs.

I have also heard suggestions from W/C contest pilots ( not just the aussie team btw), that the they wished they could not be 'identified'i.e that they be infront of some sort of screen whereby the judges could not identify the actual pilot.

Sure-some models could be used as a way of identifying the pilot, but there are plenty of the 'same' models being used these days.

I thought that was a cool and perhaps 'do-able' thing? More realistic than some sort of computerised/video 'tracking', despite such technology existing.

Tom