[NSRCA-discussion] basic judging question (warning 4 letter word)

ronlock at comcast.net ronlock at comcast.net
Fri Oct 9 09:16:45 AKDT 2009

"Maneuvers should be easy to judge and hard to fly. " An old and excellent concept!

We have been working on describing a snap and judging them for lots of years.
Descriptions are pretty good. Judging consistently and accurately is still not good.
Guess we need to keep working on it, not that we have not been trying.

In the meantime, do we continue using maneuvers with snaps, knowing the judging is likely inconsistent? There is an argument to be made; they need to stay in schedules so pilots and judges can practice them.

While practice goes on another X years, round scores continue to be heavily influenced by the scores on high K snap maneuvers. We could fix most of that, by assigning a low K to snap maneuvers. Got a better idea?

Ron Lockhart