[NSRCA-discussion] Length of 2011 Masters Sequence

Snaproll4 at aol.com Snaproll4 at aol.com
Tue May 5 07:40:18 AKDT 2009

Arch,

        Many people moved up to Masters  because they had to and now
they're stuck there.  These pilots are not  going to do rolling loops.  What they
will do is take up helis of drop out  altogether. Never, never have rules
that discourage participation.

      1. Get rid of the ridiculous advancement  system,  Just dump the rule
and let people fly wherever they want.   Peer pressure will handle the
rest. This will also allow pilots to test an upper  class.

      2.  Make advanced tougher so it  becomes it own destination class.
This will keep  Masters from being  the largest class at a contest.  The
Advanced pilots will feel challenged  and not feel it's necessary to move up.

      3.  Now you can adopt the just expired  P sequence for Masters.
Masters pilots will have judged it for two years and FAI  pilots will be familiar
with it for judging the Masters class.  The Masters  pilots have been
experimenting with it at the practice field anyhow.  You  won't need a sequence
committee for Masters anymore.  But you need a  Masters class to help judge
FAI and FAI and Masters pilots together can  judge Advanced.

      4.  For those who will not fly an old P  sequence, the new difficult
Advanced class is the answer.

      5.  Realize that you are not going  to make everyone happy.

Steve Miller

In a message dated 5/5/2009 11:05:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,