[NSRCA-discussion] For Electric eyes only.. lol

Phil Spelt chuenkan at comcast.net
Mon Mar 30 14:04:32 AKDT 2009

As I understand it, there are two options for the "braking power
energy savings systems": the electric one, and one that uses a
flywheel to store the energy generated via braking.  There was a
article in the SAE Automotive Engineering International magazine
several months ago.  Unfortunately, I toss them after I read them --
too much paper accumulates otherwise.  I'll see if the SAE has it
available on the web site if anyone is interested.

At 05:49 PM 3/30/2009, you wrote:
>Those are some pretty impressive e-cars!!!
>
>I got a call from Rich Mendonsa yesterday telling me Formula 1
>racing is now allowing an 'electric boost' system in it's cars.
>Apparently some of the teams are already using it.  Rich says it is
>a regenerative system and also said you can tell when the electric
>boost kicks in, the engine rpm jumps.  So basically, the Formula 1
>teams are going 'hybrid'.
>
>Here is a link explaining the rules,
>etc.
><http://www.evworld.com/article.cfm?storyid=1046>http://www.evworld.com/article.cfm?storyid=1046

>In a message dated 3/30/2009 11:37:48 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
>homeremodeling2003 at yahoo.com writes:
>Not exactly planes, but for those of us that like E stuff, here is
>some interesting video's.
>Watch 2 and 3's video's.
><http://gas2.org/2009/03/29/worlds-top-10-fastest-electric-cars/>http://gas2.org/2009/03/29/worlds-top-10-fastest-electric-cars/
>
>Next time I'm at the track and there's an E car there, I think I'll
>put my money on it.
>Technology is amazing!
>

>Chris

-->There are only two types of aircraft -- fighters and targets.

Phil Spelt, Webmaster & Past President, Knox County Radio Control Society, Inc.