[NSRCA-discussion] For Electric eyes only.. lol-F1

Koenig, Tom Tom.Koenig at actewagl.com.au
Mon Mar 30 14:19:00 AKDT 2009

I just spent the weekend at the Formula 1 in Melbourne. It was huge fun as usual, and how the mighty have fallen! One very hot topic of discussion was just how effective K.E.R.S actually was. The simple truth was that most of teams using it gained absolutely nothing from it! The cars were slow-Ferrari, McClaren and the Renaults may as well have gotten out and pushed! The cars were dogs, simple as that. Toyota was fast, as were the Red Bulls and Williams. Brawn was in a league of their own-if they had a stereo in their cars, the guys may as well have had a pleasant Sunday drive!

It was interesting to see all the track Marshalls with their high Voltage gloves and earthing wands. The team mechanics also practised their pit stops differently, also wearing new PPE. All had new respect for the dangers for the new system-that was certainly evident.

All in all, very interesting...especially Richard Branson's show girls attached to each arm. The man sure knows good timing and how to make an entrance as he announced sponsorship to BRAWN GP, which offcourse just absolutely stuck it to the big teams. I suspect that there were a few managers falling on their swords back at Honda headquarters for their impeccable timing on pulling out of F1 just a few months before!

Tom