[NSRCA-discussion] Charging lipo receiver packs in the plane

Terrence Walker tewalker10 at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 09:45:05 AKDT 2008

Jeff,

  I went with 2-cell Lipo for my receiver like you did. I'm new to this battery technology so I did a lot of research and I came up with the following to avoid any horror stories.

  1. I use a combined charger/balancer for my Lipos
  2. I pull the Lipos out of the plane while charging (I have them velcroed in and they are easy
      to get to).
  3. I store the Lipos outside of the plane in a safe place when I am not using them.

  This system is not perfect, but it is the best that I could come up with.

  I hope that this helps,

  Terry

Jeff Hill <jh102649 at speakeasy.net> wrote:
  Is it ok to charge one's lipo receiver pack in the aircraft? Is
balancing required for a 2s receiver pack? Any horror stories out there?

TIA
Jeff Hill