[NSRCA-discussion] Rudder Dual Rate

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Mon Oct 8 20:42:51 AKDT 2007

Well try doing them so that you don't need to use the rudder! Plenty of time to learn that later when you have to do REAL slow rolls. Unless you fly really far out you have to do the 2 rolls pretty quick so that you don't miss center and / or rush the next maneuver and that makes it hard to integrate rudder. I know this sounds like a copout / shortcut / whatever but don't kill yourself trying to do something that isn't necessary. The goal is two clean looking rolls with constant rate, centered properly. That's about it. You're just opening yourself up to more things that can go wrong. If you must use the rudder in your rolls do it on the half rolls reversed. That looks pretty if you add top rudder and you have the room to do it without being rushed. Just don't forget to apply same-direction rudder both times. <LOL>

John Pavlick
2006 D1 402 District Champion