[NSRCA-discussion] Airplane Weight Limits

Mark Atwood atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Fri Jun 22 06:46:23 AKDT 2007

I hate to say it, but many...if not ALL at my club would argue that the
³average² guy can¹t afford to build a glow powered 2 meter airplane that¹s
competitive.

I¹m going to bow out of the conversation as Ron suggests because I haven¹t
³walked the mile².  My general stance though is that there no requirement
that says we need to make Electric a viable option...any more than we need
to make Gas a viable option.  If it is, some will choose it.   If it¹s
really hard...but adds value, a few of the elite can/will choose it.  If
it¹s easy and cheap, everyone will use it.    The rules are the rules and
they¹re the same for everyone.  The argument stems solely around ³endorsing²
and promoting a particular technology.  I don¹t think in this instance
there¹s a good argument for doing that.

I¹m out :)

-Mark