[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba and pattern

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Sun Dec 23 04:24:40 AKST 2007

Ron,

  I can't personally comment on the 2048 vs 1024. I can (and have) commented on the 256 vs 1024.

  FWIW, I ended up flying the MP8K in some fun-fly type planes, and could not tell the difference. I suspect most people would not have a problem with it. Where the resolution is really important today would be in the giant scale IMAC type planes where guys are flying 3D one minute and precision the next. I would not be surprised if someone can tell the difference between 1024 and 2048 in that application.

  With all else equal, more resolution is always better.

  I wonder what the resolution would be for the digital servos? Or the matchboxes?

  Bob R.

Ron Van Putte <vanputte at cox.net> wrote:
  OK.  What is REALLY needed?  I remember when we got 512 resolution and that was touted as Nirvana.  Then we got 1024 resolution.  Twice as good as 512?? Now we have 2048 resolution.  At what point did we start gold plating the real requirement?

  I hear pilots talking about how they can tell the difference between 1024 and 2048 resolution.  At that point my mind begins to wander.

  Ron Van Putte