[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba and pattern

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Sat Dec 22 14:13:03 AKST 2007

John,

  The only real problem I had with the Micropro was the 8 bit processor, so only 256 resolution. Of course, the old-school square box was ultra non-ergonomic, for those that cared about that.

  Yes, you could program it to only transmit the necessary channels, and yes it did increase the frame rate. IIRC, the reset pulse was fixed at something like 2.5 or 3 ms.

  Bob R.

John Ferrell <johnferrell at earthlink.net> wrote:
          FWIW, I am with you all the way on this issue.

  It is unfortunate that the Micropro was killed in its infancy. The auto trim feature seems like a no brainer to me.
  The rubber duck antenna was handy as well.

  If the legal aspects would permit it I believe it might be practical to build a MicroPro type radio with Futaba and/or JR RF modules.

  Another neat feature it had was that you only needed to transmit the channels you were using. I cannot remember if that permitted a higher update rate for the servos.

  John Ferrell    W8CCW
"Life is easier if you learn to plow
       around the stumps"
http://DixieNC.US