[NSRCA-discussion] Hot

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Sat May 13 17:54:09 AKDT 2006

Yes 'Doctor Science' is correct: cold air is more dense. If it wasn't, a hot
air balloon wouldn't work. All else being equal, you'll find that your
needle will be a couple of clicks richer in the cold weather. Also, because
the air is more dense and you're adding more fuel, you'll make more power.
Kind of like having a "natural" supercharger. You shouldn't see a big
difference in 5-10 degree temperature changes though. Going from 35-40
degrees in the Winter to 75-80 degrees in the Summer is when you notice the
condition. Make sure everything else is OK.
John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com