[NSRCA-discussion] 2007 Advanced Schedule

george w. kennie geobet at gis.net
Wed May 10 09:47:03 AKDT 2006

There certainly have been many valid viewpoints expressed regarding the schedules and everyone's outlook should certainly be respected if not necessarily embraced.Our democratic process validates this. Whether or not we are alone or part of a larger contingent in our opinion is less of a necessity than achieving the overall concensus expressed by the majority.
I, for one, am aware that I have difficulty with inverted entries although exits don't seem to be as much of a problem to me, so I can relate to the expressed concern.However I take heart in the fact that others have directed me to concentrate my practice time on those areas of weakness outside of the schedule per se and have taken this advice to heart like a wake-up call. I regularly practice the "OLD" Intermediate schedule and find the idea of performing it from start to finish in the inverted idiom a refreshing challenge. Just think what that will do for my "inverted entries"!
When the schedule survey was presented to the membership I made my voice known regarding my preferences and now the resulting outcome is deemed by me the majority rule and I'm O.K. with that because I am also aware that it's not possible to create an ecstatic experience for every member of the group.
In the case of the Advanced sequence, if there were significant inverted entries and exits, we would probably be hearing a strong outcry from someone who would consider the leap from Intermediate an insurmountable barrier to his or her moving up and the concern would be just as valid.
There is no easy answer and the people who are responsible for the creation of the new sequences should not feel that they have been put in a defensive position, but be very satisfied that their efforts were the very best that they could come up with at the time and I, for one, salute their efforts on behalf of the needs of the rest of this great group of people.
Georgie