[NSRCA-discussion] 2007 Advanced Schedule

JonLowe at aol.com JonLowe at aol.com
Wed May 10 04:01:25 AKDT 2006

In a message dated 5/9/2006 10:52:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
precisionaero at comcast.net writes:
Thanks for the detailed response Dave.  You also allow me to bring up a good
point that needs to be made.  Before you "fight" and accuse, get your facts
straight.  Maybe the world is not out to get you.  Maybe some thought did go
into this proposal.  And since this is a democracy, you have the right not to
like it, but this was voted on.  Dave, can you remind us of the voting results
from NSRCA and AMA members please?
The results are on the NSRCA website.  A total of 74 people voted on whether
to change Advanced or not.  However the demographic shows that only 43 were
flying Advanced or below.  You can't tell from the results what the demographic
was that voted for the "harder" option or the "easier" option.  Only 60 people
voted for one of the two options.  Taking out the 17 not flying advanced or
below could sway the vote on the options either way.  I also remember that the
NSRCA leadership was disappointed in the survey, because only a small number
of members responded at all.  Whether or not this survey was representative of
the membership at large would have to be looked at by an expert.

I will also remind "precisionaero" (you might want to sign your posts), that
the NSRCA survey was only a "preliminary" at best.  The "election", by the AMA
contest board, who have the only votes that count, hasn't happened yet.  Yes,
democracy is still at work, and I hope you aren't suggesting that an AMA
member can't voice his opinion to his competition board member.  Surveys aren't
the same as a vote, last I looked, otherwise the US would have had several
different Presidents over the years.   I also asked, and didn't "accuse".  I framed
everything I said as a question when I asked about the makeup of the
committee.   I did my homework, got the facts that were available, then asked for the
rest.  I'm impressed that the cross section on Troy's committee was pretty
good.  Troy's group worked hard, and I respect that.  It doesn't mean that I or
others have to agree.

Jon Lowe