[NSRCA-discussion] Electric vs. Glow

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Fri Feb 17 16:08:01 AKST 2006

Hi Dave,

I think I made mind mind.  I will wait until battery manufactures give us a guarantee that make sense for the cost we are paying.  We get warranty in engines, radios and other components.  Why not the batteries?  Probably you can convince Horizont.  They will be ahead of the pack.

Have a nice weekend,

Vicente

From: "David Lockhart" <DaveL322 at comcast.net>

Vicente,

I think electric may be closer for you than you think!!!!  For F3A, the lightest lipos than can provide the power are being used (TP5300s), and the relatively high discharge rate is not the best for longevity - but it is not uncommon to see 75 - 100 flights with good charging/discharging practices.  My Abbra is light at 10 lbs 4 oz, and with some effort I could get it 2 oz lighter.  There is plenty of weight available to increase the size of the lipos to reduce load on them and still stay under 11 lbs.

Dave