[NSRCA-discussion] Electric vs. Glow

JShulman jshulman at cfl.rr.com
Fri Feb 17 16:35:43 AKST 2006

Hasn't this debate been started/finished several times before? I know one
thing, we're on our second glow set-up in 2 weekends... # of flights- 0. If
this set-up doesn't work, it's electric time.

And just remember, electric still isn't for everyone. You have to want to do
it. There are small things that we've learned along the way (leaving the
brake on is only for F5B other wise it eats gears) as is with all new
technology. I've been to the field with pilots that don't ask me anything
about their set-up, and it has been way "different" from what works. But I
go and offer the help to them and they have always enjoyed the results of
the "new" set-up. I didn't do this alone my first time. My deal to fly
electrics at the Worlds in 2003 was simple: I'll fly electric, but Sean
(Hacker USA) had to go to Poland with me. I had no clue what I was doing,
and I was asking questions whenever anything came up or new happened. Now I
know enough to get myself in trouble, but since I stay with what works, that
hasn't happened...

Everyone has different experiences with the same products. I'm going through
it right now and it's not fun, but it happens. Fix it, or change it and move
on. That's my philosophy.

Regards,
Jason
www.jasonshulman.com