[NSRCA-dist8] First Impressions, 2013-14 Masters

alan wellentin a_wellentin at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 06:48:05 AKDT 2012

Thanks for the report Jim.  I hope to get out and get through it a couple of times before I go into hibernation for the winter.  It looks like it will be a fun sequence to fly, although, hating snap rolls as I do, the cuban 8 will be the maneuver I have to let grow on me.  While in Richland, I discovered that a healthy blast of throttle at the end of the snap and a half on the triangle was a good way to yank the nose back on line, not sure that's what I want to do in the middle of a eight.  The reverse knife edge will be interesting to roll to inverted, like you say old habits die hard.  My biplane should give a little advantage on the stall turn with 4 pt. down, the extra drag will help keep from finishing the verticle before finishing the 4 points.

Thanks again for giving the first report.

See everyone at the judging seminar next spring.

Alan