[NSRCA-dist8] !st Decent Day That I Wasn't Working

Steve Sterling rcsteve at tcrcm.org
Sat Apr 4 19:38:06 AKDT 2009

Well today in the Tri-Cities, weather was great. Temps into the 60's,
sun, no rain, wind below 6 in the morning and no more than 10-12 in the
afternoon. Finally we got a day on the weekend that would be fun to fly.

Hauled out the old Focus because the Shinden still isn't done. Got in 4
flights, 1st couple were pretty rough, but then I started finding some
lines and remembering how to do slow rolls (keep the elevator out of it
on the knife edges, keep the rudder out of it through the inverted).

The Shinden hasn't really been touched since November. I was gone from
Thanksgiving to Christmas, then there was a model railroad project for
the grandkids, a couple of electric helicopter repairs, indoor foamie
projects, 2computer builds and another computer repair project, and the
final insult, ham radio antenna construction. The poor Shinden got
pushed from one corner of the workbench to the other, then finally ended
up on its nose in the corner of the shop.

Well having nothing but the Focus to fly today was a big kick in my arse
reminding me to clean off the workbench and get back to the Shinden
project.  As soon as UNC finishes beating up on Vilanova ....

Steve