[NSRCA-dist7] OCMA Contest 4/2-4/3

steve hannah shannah1806 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 14:25:34 AKDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

The contest date is rapidly approaching. Here are a couple updates:
-Please Pre Register as soon as possible. It helps for meal planning and
for contest setup.
- Remember to bring an EZ up if you have it. The field does not have its
own shade structure but there are permanent tie downs for EZ Ups
- Pilots meeting will be at 8:30. If it is bright and sunny we may start
flying a bit later, but if it is overcast as is normal for this time of
year then we will start soon after the meeting.
- We will conduct a quick failsafe safety check prior to your first flight.
When you are up for your first flight we want you to set your plane at idle
then switch off your TX to prove that your motor shuts down and is not just
at a throttle hold condition or it is not jumping to high throttle.
- Lunch will be available for $6
- Proceeds for the contest will go to charity. The OCMA organization is
covering its expenses and donating the rest. Last year we donated to
Children's Hospital of Orange County and I assume we will do that again
this year.

Steve