[NSRCA-dist7] Lancaster, CA AMA/F3A and Classic Pattern Contest - Feb 9th and 10th

Anthony Frackowiak frackowiak at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 25 15:25:31 AKST 2013

Yep, but not the F3A rules that were used at the Bakersfield meet last
year. Those didn't judge takeoff and landing and the 12 airborne
maneuvers totaled 45 K. The rules CPA is using now has 14 maneuvers
with take-off and landing judged and a max K of 45.

You can download the 1980-81 rules at the Classic Pattern Association
website.

Read the maneuver descriptions as there are some differences over how
we fly some stuff now. For instance, in a Fig. M w 1/4 rolls, now you
can roll opposite directions in each half to say keep the top of the
model towards you in the stall turns. In Classic you have to roll the
same direction in all the rolls. In the Figure M w 1/2 rolls in
Classic, you can roll however you want, but the stall turns have to be
in opposite directions.

Should be fun!

Tony