[NSRCA-dist1] Telemetry

Michael DiGennaro mdigennaro1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 05:04:59 AKST 2015

 In my humble opinion,

 The danger in allowing this type of an "arms race" is two fold, the
spiraling cost witch can be prohibitive and also detrimental affect it may
have on NSRCA to attract new folks to pattern.  Electronic complexity could
also be a source for equipment malfunction and failure. This brings us to
the "Spend more" to "Get more" argument and that seems to take us farther
away from the origin and base intent of NSRCA and competitive pattern
flying in general.

  It seems to me the main attraction to pilots is not to gain a big
advantage because any advantage would be easily muted because everyone has
access to the same equipment. It seems more so to a fascination with the
technology and the "tinker" impulse we all seem to have. If folks really
feel to need to add this technology to the game I say OK, that's fine, but
it must be in a completely separate and easily identifiable category of
airplane and classification,  ie. unlimited. This would be a place for
those wishing to play with the tech and pit their ability to program little
black boxes against each other. That sounds like to fun to me!

Em I crazy, or does this sound logical? The clown that lives under my bed
say so, LOL

--
Mike DiGennaro (Mike D.)