[NSRCA-dist1] Taking my own advise...

lucky macy luckymacy at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 20 07:34:21 AKDT 2014

I forwarded Sal's attachment to the AGS pattern meet to my RC club's  distribution list with the following text.  Sure it's a long shot attempt to drum on any and all interest but if we sent out more similar emails with the flyer to the rest of the D1 clubs then who knows, maybe we'll get one or two more sportsman to give it a shot next month.  Worth the effort I think.

Hello fellow club members.  Here's a flyer to our Districts last pattern contest of the summer.  Happens to be the longest  running contest in the country, maybe George Washington and Ben Franklin took some time off to fly there, who knows.

If anyone is remotely interested in me helping them learn to fly the entry level routine and attend I'd be very willing to help out.  Just send me an email.  If you want to learn how to fly the entry level pattern but don't want to attend that's no problem either.

You can fly the entry level with any airplane, any engine type, no weight, size or noise limits, etc.  In other words, you can fly pretty much any sport plane and be competitive.

It's a fun group and even though it sounds competitive it's actually way more of a social group that goes out of their way to help out anyone showing up for contests, especially first timers.  You'd be amazed how they generally will bend over backwards to make newcomers feel welcomed and non-intimidated.

Anyway, if you want to learn how all those great fixed wing flyers like jason shulman, chip hyde or the current generation like andrew jewsky got their talent/skills, give pattern flying a shot.

thx,
Lucky