[NSRCA-discussion] Sheeting built up wings...old school!

Don Ramsey donramsey at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 05:31:48 AKST 2020

Richard,
Maybe my last post was a little simplistic.  Here's more detail:
1.  Glue up panels that fit the skeleton.
2.  Sand the panels so at least the outside of each panel is smooth.  Do this before gluing the panel to the skeleton because the skeleton does not provide underlying support to support sanding as well as a solid structure.
3.  Glue the first side with CA or your choice of glue.  Wait for glue to dry.
4.  Glue the second side with a slow drying glue (in your case maybe poly glue) so you can fit the side easily. Weight the side to keep it the entire structure straight.
5.  Add the remaining components, LE, TE, root, tip, etc.
6.  That's it.

Don