[NSRCA-discussion] Sheeting built up wings...old school!

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Mon Dec 14 07:50:26 AKST 2020

Regarding weighing down the top side, I’ve had very good luck using Lead Shot.   I double bag it in Large Ziplocks (trust me on the double bag… if one splits, it’s a DISASTER.)  I typically have about 10-15# in each bag and probably use upward of 100lbs when all is done.   It forms to fit the curve of the wing and holds the sheeting down nicely especially if you’re using an expanding glue like Gorilla.    If you don’t have a form, I’d probably not use Gorilla for that reason and stick with titebond.    A good piece of dense memory foam will support the underside.   Avoiding twists without building a jig though is pretty difficult and will depend a lot on how you secured the first side.

-M
MARK ATWOOD
o.  (440) 229-2502
c.  (216) 316-2489
e.  atwoodm at paragon-inc.com<mailto:atwoodm at paragon-inc.com>

Paragon Consulting, Inc.
5900 Landerbrook Drive, Suite 205, Cleveland Ohio, 44124
www.paragon-inc.com<http://www.paragon-inc.com/>

<http://www.paragon-inc.com/>
Powering The Digital Experience