[NSRCA-discussion] trimming

Richard B. Strickland pamrich47 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 28 14:11:34 AKDT 2019

IF you have set everything according to the recommendations of the manufacturer including thrust line, then it is most likely the CG is too far forward.
I’ve seen where some say trim in forward flight for level at 50% throttle and also roll at a 45 degree climb without dropping the nose. In the old days, we used to trim for level flight with
just a hair of back pressure and would want to dive slightly inverted. Still do to a certain extent. Then maybe change incidences in small increments. One half to one degree positive wing and zero on the stab would be a good place to start. If you are carrying any up or down elevator—that ought to tell you something. Only change ONE thing at a time with a couple flights at least on each change.
RS