[NSRCA-discussion] Judging Question, plus one of mine

chuenkan at comcast.net chuenkan at comcast.net
Fri Aug 16 06:23:07 AKDT 2019

If I understand Anthony's post, I have to agree with him on the double jeopardy point.  If the pilot changes roll rate, then, ipso facto, the second roll will be longer (or shorter) than the first roll.  Since that is the case, downgrading for the delta  roll rate and the change in length of roll would be punishing the same error twice.

I have a question of my own: is the "center" of such a maneuver judged as being on the center of the box, or is it judged as a center point of the maneuver, independent of where the center of the box is?  It seems to me that the center of the maneuver and the center of the box should coincide.

Phil Spelt, AMA 1294, Scientific Leader Member
SPA L-18, Board Member, NSRCA 2032, KCRC Emeritus
Knoxville, TN  37931   (865) 604-0541c