[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba BLS173SV centering problem

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 10:28:11 AKST 2017

105 oz-in does seem a little low, depends on the chord+length of the
aileron and what you expect your max deflection to be...  I usually err on
the side of the plane going faster than I think at 100mph.

http://www.mnbigbirds.com/Servo%20Torque%20Caculator.htm

For the most part I'm very surprised by how little torque is needed, but in
this case 105 oz-in falls right between my optimistic and pessimistic
calculations for a 2M plane.  If it's a smaller than 2M plane it should be
plenty...

Peter+

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 11:20 AM, Don Ramsey via NSRCA-discussion <

--
Director, Fixed Wing Flight Training
Associate Vice President, Academy of Model Aeronautics District X