[NSRCA-discussion] Questions for the judging experts

Harry Ells harryells at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 04:15:33 AKDT 2017

Hope this helps Don.

5B.8.4. *LOOPS *

A loop must have by definition, a constant radius, and must be performed in
the vertical plane throughout. It is entered and exited by a well-defined
line which, for a complete loop, is horizontal. For a part-loop, however,
such lines may be in any other plane of flight as required by the
particular manoeuvre.

Loops and part-loops within one manoeuvre must have the same radius.

*Each occurrence of a slight difference in radius must downgrade the
manoeuvre by 1 point, while more severe deviations may downgrade it by 2 or
3 points for each occurrence. *

*The radius of the first loop or part-loop, determines the radii of
subsequent loops or part-loops within one manoeuvre. *

Every loop or part-loop must be performed without interruption to the
circular flight path. Every visible segmentation must be downgraded by 1
point.

If the loop is not performed entirely in the vertical plane ie it drifts
closer or further from the judges, minor drift must be downgraded by 1
point, while more severe drift must be downgraded by several points.

In three-, four-, six-, and eight-sided loops, the main criteria are that
the loop must have the sides at the same lengths/correct angles for the
defined number of times, and all part-loops must have the same radius.

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 10:43 PM, Don Szczur via NSRCA-discussion <