[NSRCA-discussion] Help with 10s bricks.......

kvelez at rochester.rr.com kvelez at rochester.rr.com
Mon Sep 5 08:48:36 AKDT 2016

Matt,
I have never used the 1010b but I believe that the balance wire marked A side has to go to the  groung wire on the charger.Ground is cell #1. If connected the other way around you are making cell #5 the first cell, charger don't like itLook for on line instructions for your charger to be 100% sure if the correct connections
Ken
Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone
------ Original message------From: Matthew Finley via NSRCA-discussionDate: Mon, Sep 5, 2016 12:14 PMTo: General pattern discussion;Cc: Subject:[NSRCA-discussion] Help with 10s bricks.......
Hello all,
OK, have a question that I am hopping someone can shed some light on. Here is the delima.....
Charger:  1010B
Battery:  Thunder Power 10s Brick
The Battery has two balance leads coming off of the pack, one lead is marked A, and one B.
Here is the practice I would do in my thinking/experience.....
A) Power on ChargerB) Select 10s BalanceC) Connect balance leads to balance board starting with A to the outer most edge connection, and then B on the inner connection.D) Plug in main Power lead
Why is it that I keep blowing my balance board ? I have tried multiple balance boards, and they all seem to be shorting when this sequence is performed.....
What am I not seeing, and I'm sure even with my infinite wisdom ( lol ) it will probably be a duh moment for me......
Thank you for your input and help.

Matthew E FinleyQ.C.I Technical Assistant248-794-8487 mobile