[NSRCA-discussion] Sportsman

wayg2013 wayg2013 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 11:14:36 AKDT 2016

SPA doesn't  allow tuned pipes or retracts, they even allow electric and 4 strokes.  We have 4 to 5 SPA contest in the DFW area alone. The s.e. has even more of an abundance of SPA flyers.  We dont even have a regular AMA pattern event in the Dallas area anymore.I just built an SPA Pattern plane for the cost of a NEU F3A motor.I think you could maybe get some interest  from this group.SPA is a pattern event, its just a suggestion to get more interest by having  something like a Grand Pattern Event maybe not...Im trying to be positive about pattern events. .60 glow motors are not any more annoying then 50cc gassers that fly a bigger footprint.... just sayin.The Cajuns NATS is a prime example of how to run a contest. 50 entries, and now they are getting so big they are going to a 3 day event on a weekend. so why doesn't the AMA event happen on a weekend?Just some thoughts....
Smooth FLying... yah''all

-------- Original message --------From: John Pavlick via NSRCA-discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> Date: 11/5/16  11:36 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: 'General pattern discussion' <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Sportsman

Guys don’t get me wrong – I LOVE the pre-turnaround planes. In
fact I flew a Junior Kaos in Sportsman when I got started in Pattern. The thing
is – I was always under the belief that the pre-turnaround schedules and tuned
pipe-with-retracts ships almost put an end to Pattern – because of the noise
and amount of space required to have a contest. The answer to this problem was
the pregnant guppy airplanes and turnaround schedules. That fixed everything. Things
have gotten worse as far as noise tolerance goes so why is it all of a sudden
OK to have a pre-turnaround “event” at the NAT’s? Just wondering… J

John Pavlick

Cell: 203-417-4971

Integrated Development Services