[NSRCA-discussion] Sportsman

Patternpilot One patternpilot1 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 11:28:37 AKDT 2016

Let's clarify the rules for SBA you're correct about the electric and the four strokes and no tune pipe or retracts however an airplane design can't be any later than January 1st 1976.

CPA - classic-pattern-association retracts  & pipes are allowed and  they fly the published AMA none turn around patterns as they were back in the eighties.

SPA is very big in the SE and parts of TX while CPA has grown on the West Coast.

Yes the foot print is a bit bigger than a ama/ fai pattern contest however the noise is much less than most think, I have heard trainers make more noise than my Novarossi on a Jett muffler.

The only fear I see is if you have a "classic contest" and there is a weather issue during the AMA portion and the classic guys who traveled to fly just classic get bumped, and either have a shorter contest or none at all that would be bad.

Have the Nats dates been set yet?

Scott Anderson

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone