[NSRCA-discussion] D4 Scoring System

Vicente Bortone vincebrc at gmail.com
Tue May 24 04:59:06 AKDT 2016

I am going to try to explain using my own experience using the electronic
scribe/judging system.  Yes there is a chance that a computer crash.  I
think that chance is the same with any of the scoring programs we have now.
I used the system in a training section 3 weeks ago and worked fine.  We
had the usual issues or learning curve that is normal when starting to use
a new program.  My way to explain this is that we only changed the way to
input the scores values in the scoring program.  Just an interface was
added to input the scores directly.  That is all.  If something goes very
wrong with the electronic scribe/judging we always could go back to the
old  manual system.  I believe that is going to improve many times the
current procedure because there will be less chance of errors and because
judges will more concentrated in judging than looking down to write the
scores and trying to remember what maneuver is next.  Here some
recommendations for first time users:

1. Read the manual that Peter provided with detail as you set it up at home.
Practice at home as much as you can with a test contest.

2. If you have time, it will be good that you do an actual practice day
before the contest for the district.  If pilots cannot go to the practice
section is good that they watch the video that Peter provided in the web
site.

3. I haven't had chance to check the actual range.  I checked at my field
with the new antenna extension as suggested in the manual and didn't have
range problem.  I will say that the distance is the average we see around
in many fields.

That is all.  Keep those wings level,

On Monday, May 23, 2016, Matthew Finley via NSRCA-discussion <