[NSRCA-discussion] FAI 1/2 points

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 1 16:16:21 AKDT 2016

Exactly.

________________________________
From: NSRCA-discussion <nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org> on behalf of John Gayer via NSRCA-discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>
Sent: Monday, August 1, 2016 6:11 PM
To: jpavlick at idseng.com; General pattern discussion
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] FAI 1/2 points

Wrong question.
The real question is why round at all?  Once you allow half point deductions in the judge's mind, just let them stand.

On 8/1/2016 2:31 PM, John Pavlick via NSRCA-discussion wrote:
"No particular reason was given for the rounding up... They preferred it versus rounding down."

Well that sounds like a scientific explanation. Since it makes no reference to how floating point numbers and quantization errors actually work, we'll have to accept it as fact. :)

John Pavlick
Cell: 203-417-4971

[idslogo2]
Integrated Development Services