[NSRCA-discussion] Registration - Pro-Active

James Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 23 09:12:09 AKST 2015

I fly at a full size municipal airport and the FAA is fully aware of who we
are and what we're doing.

The FAA inspector will probably be the last person in the investigative
chain unless there is an incident involving a full size aircraft.

First responders need to be aware that a crash in a public place or a
residential complaint of misuse isn't likely to be instigated by an AMA
member flying from a sectioned flying sight and directing their
investigative efforts there, may be a waste of resources.

Yes the AMA needs to lead in the education of the general public as well as
those expected to deal with inappropriate use of UAV's, and in my opinion
more than a printed document is needed, requiring face time locally.

At this point I will end my participation in this discussion. I think I've
expressed my thoughts on what we should do going forward. Some see the glass
half empty others may not.

Thanks to the NSRCA for this podium.
Back to the shop:
Jim