[NSRCA-discussion] FAA Registration begins December 21

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 11:44:05 AKST 2015

That information is in dispute with the FAA.  As an AMA AVP I've gotten
some insight into the process here.  AMA has legal action pending vs. the
FAA as their "interpretation" of the FAA Modernization act's carve-out for
model aircraft operations is in violation of the intent of that law.  That
legal action is being held in abeyance as long as the FAA does not
institute an enforcement action on the basis of that interpretation.

*Nothing* should change about how we fly our planes (responsibly) as a
result of this registration requirement.  I suspect the AMA will have
something to say about registration as well, since it, too, could be
interpreted as a violation of the FAA Modernization act of 2012...

For now, I'd say comply with the registration request, show yourself to be
a member of a responsible aeromodeling community and let the AMA's
government relations process play out.

Peter+

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 12:35 PM, Vicente Bortone via NSRCA-discussion <

--
Director, Fixed Wing Flight Training
Associate Vice President, Academy of Model Aeronautics District X