[NSRCA-discussion] FAA Registration begins December 21

Dana Beaton danamaenia at me.com
Mon Dec 14 10:21:11 AKST 2015

Interestingly enough, 400’ made the UAS FAQ...
Operating information
Q. May I operate my UAS once I register?
A. Completion of the registration process does not provide authorization to operate your UAS. Please refer to www.faa.gov/uas/faq <http://www.faa.gov/uas/faq/> for requirements pertaining to operating authorization.
Q. How high is 400 feet?
A. Typical buildings have floors that are 12-14 feet high. A 30-40 story building would be about 400 feet high. If you lose sight of your unmanned aircraft, it is probably above 400 feet.