[NSRCA-discussion] Mezon with BEC option

Patrick Harris harris7148 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 09:33:26 AKST 2015

Likewise. I have hundreds and hundreds of flights with the Mezon 90,
Throttle Tech and Ed's PLR5 regulator in several airplanes. I run the BEC
at 8 volts and just leave the PLR5 at the factory 6.2 volts. I run 250 and
350 packs for the backup on the regulator. Every flight I check both sides.
I turn on the regulator first until the servos kick in. I then turn it off
and plug in the big batteries. When the BEC kick's in I flip the regulator
switch back on.

One thing that is interesting is the Mezon BEC has two feeds to split the
voltage to the receiver. When you run the throttle feed into the Throttle
Tech, it isolates the voltage at the output to zero so you still need to
plug in the other feed from the BEC into the receiver. The Throttle Tech
side gives the receiver throttle input data, and the other feed supplies
power to the receiver.

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 7:57 AM, Robert Green via NSRCA-discussion <