[NSRCA-discussion] Mezon with BEC option

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 07:15:58 AKST 2015

Yep.  I use a Jeti DSM ESC switch as well, with two power inputs, that
allows me to keep the battery backup power isolated from the BEC power so
I'm not backfeeding voltage to the switching BEC on the Mezon.  I can turn
on my radio independently of the main power arming switch (and draw from
the backup battery) to adjust settings, etc. After the main power is armed
and the BEC is supplying the full 8v to the system, once the backup battery
drops below 8v under load, the BEC is supplying all power and the backup
battery is not drained at all until I disarm the main power again.

I love it.  I can use the same backup battery (I use a 900 mAh RX pack) for
weeks without charging it.

Peter+

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 8:08 AM, Derek Koopowitz via NSRCA-discussion <

--
Director, Fixed Wing Flight Training
Associate Vice President, Academy of Model Aeronautics District X