[NSRCA-discussion] Mailing list problems from Yahoo addresses

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Mon May 5 12:45:50 AKDT 2014

On 04/09/14 07:48, Tom Simes wrote:

> Folks, if you are using a Yahoo mail address and you participate in ANY
> mailing lists, you probably should get a new mail account somewhere
> else.  In a nutshell, Yahoo made a change over the weekend that
> potentially breaks posting to mailing lists from Yahoo addresses.
>
> Here are the technical details for those so inclined, but suffice to say
> if you currently rely on a Yahoo email account for important
> communication, I would strongly recommend establishing a new account
> somewhere else.
>
> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg87153.html

Comcast and several other providers are now following suit with
implementing DMARC signing, so it looks like I'll need to adapt the list
server to deal with this.  There are a couple technical solutions I've
seen that either involved rewriting the headers to bypass the DMARC
signing or entirely encapsulating DMARC signed postings to the list.
I'll try to get a solution in place soon, but it will likely be several
days.  In the meantime, if you post to the list from a mail service
using DMARC signing you are likely to be unsubscribed due to
undeliverable bounces.  I moderated the Yahoo! subscribers to avoid
this, but would rather not play whack-a-mole since I'm now resigned to
solving it technically.

Thanks for your patience.

--
Tom

   "Z80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, she's
         sucking mud again!" - Error message on XENIX v3.0

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com