[NSRCA-discussion] Help!!! Lipo recovery advise requested

atwooddon at aol.com atwooddon at aol.com
Mon May 20 09:18:18 AKDT 2013

IMHO, I think the very slow charge to around 3V might be a better approach than 'jump starting' it with another pack.  Reason I say that is the chemical makeup of the 'zero' volt pack is pretty fragile at that point and rapidly charging it might be even further more harmful to the pack.  After the 'zero' pack regains some reasonable level of charge the regenerative charge might be ok.

I have absolutely no expertise in the chemical reactions of our lipo packs, but it just seems logical they are in a very vulnerable state if they are discharged that low.  I have read many threads in the forums about the slow charging method but none about rapidly charging the very low packs.  I have also read many many times about the significant decrease in pack life from over discharging.

Don