[NSRCA-discussion] Maximum battery power "fade"

Michael Cohen precisionaero at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 21 14:27:51 AKDT 2013

I have a battery question for the list, but this is for a 90mm sized EDF.  I have a 6 cell pack where the power "fades" after a few seconds of maximum thrust.  I thought it might be a cold solder, so I redid the connection with a new, better working iron I purchased recently, but it did not make a difference.  I checked the resistance per cell on the charger and two cells read 2.3, two read 2.4, one reads 2.9, and the last one 3.5.  I am not sure what is considered normal, as I don't recall my 5 cell pattern plane batteries varying so much.  So, what is normal and could this be the reason for the "fade"?  If not, any other ideas?  The other 6 cell pack I have does not have this problem, but I have not yet checked the resistance variance on it yet.
Regards,Mike C