[NSRCA-discussion] Amnesty idea

John Gayer jgghome at comcast.net
Tue Aug 20 11:42:57 AKDT 2013

You will note that there is no specific consideration in the rule for
the competitor that says " I made a mistake moving up, I was not ready
although I thought I was and I would like to move back a class". The
examples given would lead one to believe that this "various reason"
would not be accepted. And this example is the key missing element that
loses us competitors.
You will also note that "various reasons"  could mean anything. I
thought the AMA tried to stay away from ambiguous rules like this.
Quite frankly the AMA has abrogated their responsibility to maintain the
class distinctions under their rules. If they want to keep lists of
competitors and their classes, advancement points and disqualify results
for being in a lower class without waiver, that would be fine. Right now
the AMA maintain no lists of competitor classes, points towards
advancement or participation levels and should have rules that reflect
that lack of interest, leaving the SIG to self-police.
John