[NSRCA-discussion] Main battery redundant lead for receiver

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 13:49:39 AKST 2012

And, of course, with a non-switching BEC off a 10s or even a 5s pack you
would have massive heat issues as it tries to step down the voltage from
18.5 volts to 7.2 or 6 volts, depending on whether you are running an HV or
standard voltage setup, so the regulator would probably need a fan or heat
sink of some sort, which likely negates any weight savings from not running
with a second battery.

Peter+

--
Director, Fixed Wing Flight Training