[NSRCA-discussion] Arming Switch

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 11:31:33 AKST 2012

I'd add that, the more consistent the requirement is "disarm the electrical
system" the more likely it is that human error is minimized.  As a caller,
if I know it is my responsibility to arm the aircraft at the flightline and
disarm it after landing and there's a "relatively" standard mechanism for
that (add/remove arming plug/flag) even if the location of the plug differs
and even the specific mechanics.  Point being, as a caller I don't have to
know any intimate details of how to open your canopy and which wire(s) to
disconnect.  In just 3 contests last year, I was amazed at the wiring
complexity some people have come up with, and on several occasions I was
afraid of disconnecting the wrong thing.

Peter+

--
Director, Fixed Wing Flight Training